(c) 2011 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Coconut Potato Kisses are a wonderful St. Patrick's Day candy! Use leftover (unseasoned) mashed potatoes to make this coconut-flavored candy.
Prep Time: 10?minutes
Total Time: 10?minutes
Yield: about 36 kisses
- 3/4 cup warm mashed potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb sifted powdered sugar
- 3/4 pound shredded coconut
- 12 oz chocolate candy coating
1. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with aluminum foil or waxed paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the potatoes, butter, salt, and vanilla.
3. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar in several batches. Stir in the coconut until well-combined.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls on the baking sheet and form into kiss shapes, or place the candy in a piping bag fitted with a large round tip and pipe kisses on the baking sheet. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
5. Microwave the candy coating until completely melted and smooth, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating.
6. Dip the kisses in the melted coating using a fork or dipping tools, and place them back on the foil-covered baking sheet to set.
7. Store Coconut Potato Kisses in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.Click Here to View All St. Patrick's Day Candy Recipes!