Monday 28 November 2011

Candy Turkeys

Brining, seasoning, tying, stuffing, roasting, basting, cutting... preparing a traditional Thanksgiving turkey is hard work! You know what's NOT hard work? Making these Candy Turkeys! One reviewer suggested using store-bought truffles (or other large chocolate candies) for the turkey bodies instead of making your own truffles, and I think that's a great idea, especially if you're pressed for time or want to make these with small children. Any store-bought truffle would work well, and would save some valuable time that could be better spent on candy turkey assembly...or holiday napping.

I'm not suggesting you replace your main course with one of these truffle-based candies (although if you do...call me!) but I do think they would look excellent as part of a table decoration or placesetting. I'm actually using them at my own Thanksgiving table, as a sort of modified nametag holder. And after I'm full of turkey, potatoes, gravy, and rolls, I can reach over, pop off his little chocolate-covered peanut head, and give thanks for a holiday that lets us celebrate food in all shapes and sizes.

Get the recipe: Candy Turkeys


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Connect on Facebook | Find me on Twitter.

Candy Turkeys Photo c2010 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design