Monday 28 November 2011

Pecan Pie Fudge

My husband is obsessed with pecan pie. So much so that on his birthday last year, I made him a 12" deep-dish pecan pie instead of the traditional birthday cake. He happily devoured that pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and he had plenty of opportunities, because I am not a pecan pie fan. I love the pecan portion of it, but the gooey corn syrupy filling? No thanks.

Fortunately, we've found a substitute we both can agree on in this Pecan Pie Fudge. It has all the flavors of pecan pie--rich toasted nuts, dark brown sugar, and a vanilla--packed into small squares of creamy fudge. He likes it because it reminds him of his favorite dessert, and I like it because the texture doesn't remind me of snot. Everybody wins!

Get the recipe: Pecan Pie Fudge


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Connect on Facebook | Find me on Twitter.

Pecan Pie Fudge Photo c2008 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design