Friday 4 May 2012

Chocolate Sour Cream Fudge

My refrigerator doubles as a home for wayward dairy products. At any given time I might have two tubs of opened sour cream, a mostly-empty container of greek yogurt, a big vat of cottage cheese just waiting to go bad, and a forlorn, forgotten carton of buttermilk hanging out on the back of the second shelf. I don't mean to be a bad fridge monitor, but it's tough! I buy some sour cream for a recipe, use part of it, things get shuffled around, and boom! It's two months later and I'm finding a fuzzy green mess that used to be delicious sour cream. What's a girl to do?

The obvious answer is to keep better track of my dairy, and to use it up before it goes bad. I could do this the boring way (ie, in another dinner recipe) or the fun way! Guess which way I prefer? Chocolate Sour Cream Fudge uses a cup and a half of sour cream, which is guaranteed to cut down my excess sour cream stores by a good amount. You could also substitute full-fat plain greek yogurt (the naturally thick kind) for some or all of the sour cream, if you have a medley of dairy in your fridge, as I do. The sour cream adds a delicious tang to this old-fashioned chocolate fudge, but you don't have to stop there. Try one of these other sour cream candy recipes too:


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Connect on Facebook | Find me on Twitter.

Photo c2012 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design