Wednesday 16 May 2012

Mint Meltaways

Earlier this year, I featured a week of copycat candy recipes, and afterward I took an informal poll asking what other knockoff recipes I should tackle. One reader suggested Frango mints, which are chocolate candies with a firm chocolate-mint center. It took a few months, but I finally got around to trying my hand at a recipe! May I present: Mint Meltaways. There are lots of chocolate-mint candies out there, but these are unique to me because the texture changes so much depending on how they're served. When they are fresh from the refrigerator the filling is firm, almost like a hard fudge, but once they come to at room temperature it's soft, almost like a mousse or frosting. I can't decide which taste I like better, but fortunately I don't really have to choose. Since the recipe makes 4 dozen candies, I can enjoy some cold, and some at room temperature, until--like Goldilocks--I find the texture that is juuuust right for me.

Get the recipe: Mint Meltaways


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Connect on Facebook | Find me on Twitter.

Mint Meltaways Photo c2012 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design