Saturday 5 May 2012

Ginger Truffles

Candied ginger is one of my favorite things. First of all, did you know it's excellent for settling upset stomachs? Truth! It's also a knockout addition to cookies, like oatmeal cookies or molasses cookies--it adds a little extra flavor boost and a great texture. But since this isn't a gastrointestinal distress blog, or a baking blog, I'll get right to my point: candied ginger is also fabulous in these Ginger Truffles. Ginger brings some much-needed flavor to a white chocolate ganache base, which in turn helps temper some of the ginger's heat. The slivers of candied ginger on top add a lovely chewy texture that contrasts with the smooth filling. I can't go so far as to recommend these for tummyaches, but given the smile they invariably put on my face, I have no doubt they're somehow medicinal.

Get the recipe: Ginger Truffles


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Connect on Facebook | Find me on Twitter.

Ginger Truffles Photo c2010 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design