Saturday 18 February 2012

Candied Flowers

Who knew making Candied Flowers was so simple? For years I've seem them on pastries and cakes in "fancy" shops, but it was only recently that I learned how to make them myself. And, bombshell: it's super-easy. A quick brush of egg white, a dusting of sugar, and you have beautiful sugar-crusted flowers, perfect for putting on top of cakes, cupcakes, or any other special-occasion dessert. *cough Valentine's Day cough*

Just make sure you use flowers that are meant to be edible and aren't doused in pesticides, and you're golden. I usually buy them pre-packaged in the herb section at Whole Foods or similar upscale supermarkets, but I've also seen them at the farmer's market, and if you have a green thumb (which I decidedly do NOT) you could even grow your own edible varieties. Not convinced it's as easy as I'm making it sound? Look, I have a Candied Flower photo tutorial right here. Told ya so.

Get the recipe: Candied Flowers
How to Make Candied Flowers (Photo Tutorial)


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Find me on Twitter.

Candied Flowers Photo c2011 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design