Tuesday 13 March 2012

Biscoff Fudge

Are you familiar with Biscoff spread? It's like peanut butter, only instead of being made with peanuts, it's made with COOKIES. As soon as I heard about it, I wondered why I didn't invent the stuff myself. After all, I pretty much make a living turning sugar into slightly different forms of sugar. As for Biscoff spread, it's a magical thing: creamy, sweet, with a mild spicy flavor just like the popular Biscoff cookies from which it is made. Is it healthy? Heck no, but it sure is tasty!

Since the spread is so close to peanut butter in consistency, I figured it could be used in candy recipes with good success. I adapted a peanut butter fudge recipe to create Biscoff Fudge, a smooth and rich fudge packed with cookie flavor. To intensify the Biscoffy-ness, I also added crushed Biscoff cookies into and on top of the fudge to add more flavor and crunch.

You may be wondering, where can you find Biscoff spread? Well, their website has a handy locator where you can see which retail stores in the US carry it. I found mine at Cost Plus World Market, but I'm sure it varies a lot depending on location. Also, Trader Joe's sometimes carries a product called Speculoos Cookie Butter, which is very similar and can also be used in this recipe with excellent results. For my international readers, I think that in some locations (parts of Europe, for example) speculoos spread is very common, while in others it may well be impossible to find, for which I am very sorry. EVERYONE deserves some cookie spread (and cookie fudge!) in their lives once in awhile.

Get the recipe: Biscoff Fudge


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Connect on Facebook | Find me on Twitter.

Biscoff Fudge Photo c2012 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design