Honey and nuts are a classic pairing that enliven this delicious nougat recipe.
Prep Time: 5?minutes
Cook Time: 25?minutes
Total Time: 30?minutes
- 1 cup nuts (of your choice), finely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-1/3 cup marshmallow cream or fluff
- 1-1/2 tbsp shortening
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
1. Prepare a square 8-inch pan by lining it with foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar, honey, corn syrup, and water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to 270 degrees.
3. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
4. Add the marshmallow cream and shortening, and beat with a hand blender or stir vigorously with a spoon until well mixed.
5. Stir in the powdered sugar and the chopped nuts.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and allow to set at room temperature overnight.