Wednesday 20 July 2011

Candy: Salted Chocolate Peanut Brittle

Candy
Get the latest headlines from the Candy GuideSite.
Salted Chocolate Peanut Brittle
Jul 20th 2011, 10:31

When it comes to salt in my candy, I honestly believe there is no such thing as too much. I could be rolling around in a giant pile of sea salt, doing the backstroke like Scrooge McDuck in his pile of gold coins, and I would STILL want a little more salt in my life. It's just a fact. So that is why, whenever I make a candy, I ask some form of the question, "How can I add salt to this?" There have been a few occasions when this strategy has backfired (I'm looking at you, Salted Marshmallow Catastrophe of 2009) but in general it's a pretty solid way to approach candy-making...and life.

So it should come as no surprise that I managed to triple-salt these Salted Chocolate Peanut Brittle--and that I think the resulting candy is pretty amazing. The brittle starts with a little bit of regular salt in the syrupy sugar mix, then I add salted roasted peanuts. Things don't get really interesting until the end, however--after the brittle is coated with chocolate, it's finished with a big pinch of flaked sea salt scattered all over the top. The flakes don't dissolve, so in each bite you experience the crackle of sugary brittle, the crunch of salty nuts, the smooth melting of the chocolate, and the little pop of sea salt crystals. It's so good, I just might upgrade my daydream from swimming in a vat of salt to swimming in a vat of salted chocolate peanut brittle. Too much? Impossible.

Get the recipe: Salted Chocolate Peanut Brittle


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Find me on Twitter.

Salted Chocolate Peanut Brittle Photo ©2011 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design