(c) 2007 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Almond Joy Fudge features shredded coconut and chunks of almonds in a rich chocolate fudge base. This microwave fudge comes together in only a few minutes, but tastes like a gourmet version of the popular candy bar.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 14-oz can condensed milk
1/4 cup (4 tbsp) butter
1 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
1-1/3 cup shredded coconut, divided
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter. Microwave in one-minute increments until melted, stirring after every minute, for a total of 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir until the candy is smooth and well-mixed. Add the almonds and 1 cup of the coconut, and stir until they are evenly distributed.
4. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
5. Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup coconut over the top of the fudge and press lightly to set it in the fudge.
6. Place the fudge in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours. Once set, cut into 1-inch squares and serve at room temperature. Store excess fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator.