(c) 2008 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Rocky Road Fudge is a smooth chocolate fudge packed with crunchy nuts and sweet, chewy marshmallows. This recipe works with any type of nuts, so feel free to use your favorite variety.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 14-oz can condensed milk
1/4 cup (4 tbsp) butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1,5 cup mini marshmallows
1.25 cup toasted nuts, coarsely chopped
1. Prepare an 8x8 or 9x9 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter. Microwave it in one-minute increments until melted, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir to ensure all the chocolate is melted, then add the vanilla and salt. Stir until the candy is smooth and well-mixed. Add 1 cup of the marshmallows and 1 cup of the nuts and stir until well-combined.
4. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup marshmallows and 1/4 cup nuts on top of the fudge and press gently so that they're embedded in the surface.
5. Place the fudge in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours. Once set, cut into 1-inch squares and serve at room temperature. Store excess fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator.