Vanilla Caramels blend two classic tastes in this old-fashioned favorite. 1 cup chopped nuts can be added for variety, and vanilla extract can be substituted if vanilla paste is unavailable.
1. Prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar, half and half, corn syrup, butter and salt in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture starts boiling.
3. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 244 degrees on a candy thermometer.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Immediately pour into the prepared pan.
5. Allow to set at room temperature until completely firm. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, and then cut with an oiled chefâ€™s knife into small squares.
Template by Ipietoon
Cute Blog Design