Wednesday 20 July 2011

Candy: Using Your Computer to Make S'mores

Candy
Get the latest headlines from the Candy GuideSite.
Using Your Computer to Make S'mores
Jul 20th 2011, 16:55

You're probably familiar with the old-fashioned method of making s'mores around a campfire or grill. You are also probably aware that you can use your microwave or oven broiler to make s'mores at home from the comfort of your kitchen. But did you know that you can actually make s'mores from the comfort of your office, using your CPU to heat the marshmallows and chocolate?

Well, actually, I don't know if you, personally, could do this. I only have a laptop and limited computer knowledge, so I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it myself. But I do know that David Murphy from PC World successfully made s'mores inside his computer, and he wrote a whole how-to article about it. It's a really creative idea and a fun read--you would be surprised at how many obstacles there are to accomplishing a simple task like letting your computer overheat so it can cook marshmallows! Obviously I'm not recommending you try this at home, but I do recommend you check out the article, and then if you're craving s'mores, come back and make one of these s'more-riffic candies...no CPU required.

A few s'mores candy recipes:


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Find me on Twitter.

S'mores Photo ©2009 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design