Monday 8 August 2011

Candied Peanut Chocolate Bark

This Candied Peanut Chocolate Bark is a mouthful, in more ways than one. The name may not roll off the tongue, but the taste more than makes up for an unwieldy moniker. Honestly, I never thought I could love a simple slab of candy so much, but this bark has completely won me over. It starts with peanuts caramelized until they are a deep, smoky golden brown. Then chocolate is melted with peanut butter to form the rich, nutty base of the candy, and the nuts are scattered on top. If you must take a shortcut, you can use purchased toffee peanuts, but I think half the charm of this bark is the darkly caramelized, freshly made nuts. Every bite is sweet, salty, crunchy, and so, so good.

Did you know? I have a newsletter that goes out with recipes once a week. I also tweet new recipes and general candy awesomeness over on twitter. Follow me @aboutcandy.

Candied Peanut Chocolate Bark Photo c2010 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design