Monday 8 August 2011

Fresh Raspberry Candies

Now is the time I dream of all winter long--when farmer's markets are overflowing with ripe berries that are actually flavorful (not sad hard things imported from another continent!) and reasonably priced. I've been trying to take advantage of it and eat my weight in fresh produce these past few months. Lately I've been loving raspberries, especially the unusual golden raspberries that seem to be following me around town. Here are two delicious candy recipes that take advantage of bountiful fresh raspberries.

Chocolate Raspberry Truffles are, perhaps, my ideal truffle. I don't like my truffles too hard--I like them to melt in my mouth. These truffles have a luscious center that stays soft even when refrigerated. These babies incorporate 10 ounces of real raspberries, so they have a vibrant raspberry flavor that goes perfectly with good-quality semi-sweet chocolate.

White Chocolate Raspberry Bites couldn't be simpler. Mounds of vanilla-scented white chocolate are topped with juicy fresh raspberries to form an effortless candy that's perfectly sweet and tangy. I love this candy because it's so flexible--try using other fresh berries or nuts, or try adding candy flavorings to the chocolate to create different combinations. This is an easy dessert for parties or showers, and it's always a crowd-pleaser.

Get the recipes: Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
White Chocolate Raspberry Bites


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Find me on Twitter.

Photo c Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design