These simple jelly candies can be made using almost any juice, as long as it has been strained (if necessary). Try making a few different varities to serve together. Also experiment with different shapes, and with rolling the jellies in sugar and leaving them plain.
Prep Time: 10ï¿½minutes
Cook Time: 10ï¿½minutes
Total Time: 20ï¿½minutes
4 tbsp unflavored gelatin
2/3 cup strained fruit juice of your choice
6 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp corn syrup
food coloring, if desired
superfine sugar, if desired
1. Prepare a 6-inch inch pan by wetting it lightly with water.
2. Place the gelatin in 4 tbsp of water to soften for about 5 minutes.
3. Place the juice, sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
4. Stir in the gelatin and continue stirring until gelatin dissolves.
5. At this point add food coloring if desired.
6. Pour into prepared pan and leave until completely set.
7. When set, turn out of pan and cut with a sharp knife or cookie cutter into desired shapes.
8. Jellies can be rolled in superfine sugar, if desired, or served plain.