Pomegranate juice gives these beautiful jellies their tangy taste and vibrant color. You either squeeze and strain the juice from pomegranate seeds, or bottled juice is available in many supermarkets.
Prep Time: 5?minutes
Cook Time: 5?minutes
Total Time: 10?minutes
- 1/2 ounce unflavored gelatin (2 envelopes)
- 2/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- granulated sugar for rolling
- pomegranate seeds (optional, for decoration)
1. Lightly wet a pan 8x8 square.
2. Stir the gelatin with 4 tbsp water in a small bowl, let soften.
3. Combine the pomegranate juice, sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
4. Bring to a boil and stir in gelatin, stirring until gelatin dissolves.
5. Pour hot jelly into prepared pan and allow to cool and set overnight in refrigerator.
6. Once jelly is set, it can be cut with a wetted knife or cookie cutters. Finished jellies can be rolled in granulated sugar or left plain.
Serving Suggestion: These candies are beautiful when stacked and layered on top of each other. Try alternating sugared and plain candies, and try topping them with pomegranate seeds.