Tuesday 2 August 2011

Candy: Candied Peanut Chocolate Bark

Candy
Get the latest headlines from the Candy GuideSite.
Candied Peanut Chocolate Bark
Aug 2nd 2011, 09:29

This Candied Peanut Chocolate Bark is a mouthful, in more ways than one. The name may not roll off the tongue, but the taste more than makes up for an unwieldy moniker. Honestly, I never thought I could love a simple slab of candy so much, but this bark has completely won me over. It starts with peanuts caramelized until they are a deep, smoky golden brown. Then chocolate is melted with peanut butter to form the rich, nutty base of the candy, and the nuts are scattered on top. If you must take a shortcut, you can use purchased toffee peanuts, but I think half the charm of this bark is the darkly caramelized, freshly made nuts. Every bite is sweet, salty, crunchy, and so, so good.

Did you know? I have a newsletter that goes out with recipes once a week. I also tweet new recipes and general candy awesomeness over on twitter. Follow me @aboutcandy.

Candied Peanut Chocolate Bark Photo ©2010 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design