(c) 2007 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Be sure to check out the video showing How to Make Peanut Butter Eyeballs!
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 TB butter, chopped
- 1.25 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white chocolate candy coating
- 1 small bag M&Ms candy
- red decorating frosting
1. In the bowl of a large mixer, blend peanut butter and butter until creamy.
2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla to peanut butter mixture and continue beating until it looks smooth.
3. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or waxed paper.
4. Using a spoon, scoop out balls of peanut butter and roll between your palms to get them as round as possible. Place on the cookie sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
5. Place the white chocolate coating in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted. Stir thoroughly until it is smooth.
6. Dip the peanut butter balls into the white chocolate coating. You can use two forks to balance the candy on, or just grasp it in your fingers and roll it around until it is covered completely. Return it to the cookie sheet and proceed to dip the rest of the peanut butter balls.
7. While the chocolate is still wet, press an M&M candy in the center for the iris.
8. Return the eyes to the refrigerator to harden.
9. Once the eyeballs are firm, you can use the red decorator frosting to make squiggly blood vessels.
Variation: Another option is to take a few drops of red candy coloring and drop them into the melted white chocolate. Use a fork to mix the chocolate around a bit, but don't stir too much: you want blood-red swirls, not pink chocolate! You can then dip your candies straight into your bloody mixture and skip step #9.