Saturday 24 September 2011

Candied Bacon

Up until recently, my only experience candying things involved sweets. Candied citrus peel? Yes. Candied pineapple? Sure. Candied nuts? Absolutely! But candied pork products? Now we're venturing into weird and dangerous territory.

My skepticism was misplaced, however, because Candied Bacon is both really delicious and really easy. There are no finicky sugar syrups or prolonged soaking periods. All you do us press a sugar-spice mixture onto your bacon, and bake it until it's crisp. The resulting candied bacon is both chewy and crunchy, sweet and salty, and completely addicting. My husband compared it to maple sugar-drizzled bacon, and I have to agree. So if you're a fan of the breakfast combination, this is the candy for you.

These little sin sticks are delicious plain, but you can also dip them in chocolate, crumble them up to use on salads, or use them to top really wicked cakes or cupcakes. Or doughnuts. Or cookies! Somebody stop me!

Get the recipe: Candied Bacon


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Connect on Facebook | Find me on Twitter.

Candied Bacon Photo c2011 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design