Friday 16 September 2011

Coconut Macaroon Truffles

True story: I'm secretly a Simpsons nerd. My brothers and I can have whole conversations that involve nothing more than a series of quotes from The Simpsons strung together, and we have spent more than one holiday playing Simpsons Jeopardy. (Not to brag, but I usually win.) One of my favorite scenes from the show involves a character explaining the concept of brunch thusly: "It's not quite breakfast, it's not quite lunch, but it's delicious, and it ends with a slice of cantaloupe."

I am reminded of that quote when I make these Coconut Macaroon Truffles. They're based, of course, on macaroon cookies, the crispy, chewy, fragrant and sweet cookies comprised almost entirely of shredded coconut. But because they are so small, and because they are entirely coated in chocolate, to my mind they also have candy qualities. So there you have it: Macaroon truffles are not quite cookies, not quite candy, but they're delicious--no slice of cantaloupe required.

Get the recipe: Coconut Macaroon Truffles


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Connect on Facebook | Find me on Twitter.
Coconut Macaroon Photo c2008 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design