Friday 28 October 2011

Bat Truffles

Did you know that the correct name for a group of bats is a colony? In the course of doing a little Googling to figure that out, I found this great page of animal group names. A colony of bats is a pretty good name, but not nearly as great as a business of ferrets, a shrewdness of apes, or an unkindness of ravens! Forget candy writing, I want to go into the business of animal group naming. Um, will I have to go back to school for that?

Ahem! Back to the candy. I am happy to share with you this colony of Bat Truffles: rich chocolate truffles decorated with hand-piped chocolate bat wings. You can give them faces with white chocolate, but I kind of loved their pristine exterior--the better to look vaguely sinister, my dears.

Get the recipe: Bat Truffles


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Connect on Facebook | Find me on Twitter.

Bat Truffles Photo c2011 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design