Sunday 16 October 2011

Halloween Candy Bark

If I was a wise blogger, the kind who planned her "editorial calendar" several months in advance (or, let's be honest, the kind who had a legitimate editorial calendar in the first place), I would save these candies to blog about after Halloween. After all, they're the perfect way to use up leftover Halloween candy. This "bark" is actually a base of graham crackers, covered with a simple two-ingredient chocolate fudge, and then sprinkled with whatever mish-mash of Halloween candy you have lying around. Want to toss on a mix of Butterfingers, Snickers, and Kit Kats? Perfect! Been looking for a use for those almost-stale Pretzel M&Ms? Let them join the party! This candy is like the Statue of Liberty: it wants your tired, your poor, your huddled masses of candy yearning to breathe free be eaten.

Alas, I am not a wise blogger, nor am I a very patient one, because I enjoyed this Halloween Candy Bark last week, and I couldn't wait any longer to post about it! I liked how easy it was to make--it took about 10 minutes to put together, and then another few minutes in the refrigerator to "set" the fudge enough to be able to break it into pieces. I also loved the mix of candies on top--there was a great variety of flavors and textures, and each bite was a little bit different than the one before it. The only thing I'll change next time is to add more salty flavors to the mix. I loved all the sweet candies, but I think some crushed pretzels or chopped peanut butter cups would have REALLY pushed this bark over the edge. So if you've already gone a little crazy with the candy-buying this season, consider putting it to good use and giving this bark a bite!

Get the recipe: Halloween Candy Bark


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Connect on Facebook | Find me on Twitter.

Halloween Candy Bark Photo c2011 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design