Sunday 9 October 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Bark

Brace yourselves, because I'm about to blow the lid off the whole pumpkin industry. Are you ready? You're sure? Sitting down and everyth---okay, okay. Here goes: you don't actually need to add pumpkin puree to recipes get pumpkin flavoring.

Pause for dramatic effect.

Hopefully that wasn't too shocking, but you'll need that crucial piece of info if you want to make Pumpkin Chocolate Bark. You might have seen similar products on store shelves or in catalogs--some well-known gourmet food companies come out with their own versions of this bark every year, and I can't lie--it is delicious. It is also, unfortunately, the price of a small island in the Pacific Ocean (um, approximately) so I decided to save my money and create my own version instead. In order to pack this chocolate bark with pumpkiny goodness, I use a secret weapon: pumpkin candy flavoring. I found mine in a local cake and candy supply store, but it's also easy to find online, and it's really reasonably priced. It doesn't quite taste like you're taking a giant bite out of a pumpkin (thank goodness!) but it does give this swirled chocolate bark the familiar warm, homey taste of fall.

Get the recipe: Pumpkin Chocolate Bark


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Connect on Facebook | Find me on Twitter.
Pumpkin Chocolate Bark Photo c2009 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design