(c) 2008 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Witch Hats are an easy Halloween candy. Hershey’s kisses and chocolate-covered cookies are transformed into cute witch hats the whole family can enjoy. Instead of the fudge-striped shortbread cookies, you can use extra-large peppermint patties candy if you prefer. Be sure that the decorating icing you get is not gel icing. The gel icings won’t set properly and won’t be visible on the chocolate hats.
- 30 Hershey's kisses
- 30 chocolate-striped shortbread cookies
- Assorted tubes of decorative icings
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil. Arrange the cookies, striped-side down on the baking sheets.
2. Unwrap the kisses. Pipe a circle of icing on the underside of a kiss, and attach it to the top of a cookie over the hole. Repeat with remaining kisses and cookies.
3. Now that your hats are assembled, you can decorate them with the icing. You can make ribbons and bows, or get more creative with strips, dots, or different patterns and shapes.
4. Once decorated, refrigerate the hats to set the icing for 15 minutes, then serve.