Saturday 8 October 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles

The combination of pumpkin and chocolate seems natural to me. I grew up eating my mom's pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, which are moist and cakey and full of pockets of melted chocolate and mnyhynahnph...sorry, just drooled on the keyboard a little bit there. Anyhow, those cookies are fabulous, and they taught me early on that pumpkin and chocolate are two great tastes that taste great together. I know there are people who might disagree, but, you know, even Michaelangelo had his detractors. (Just saying.) So when I was brainstorming pumpkin candy ideas, of course I knew I had to combine pumpkin and chocolate in some way.

Enter Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles. If the uncreative name doesn't already give it away, these are your standard chocolate truffles with a not-so-standard ingredient: pumpkin puree. Because I use semi-sweet chocolate in the truffles, the pumpkin flavor isn't too strong. It's more of a background note, a little something to make you smack your lips and think, "What is that?!" If you're not sure about this whole idea of combining pumpkin and chocolate, this might be a good introductory recipe. A gateway recipe, if you will. And once you fall in love with them, it will be pumpkin-chocolate EVERYTHING. You're welcome.

Get the recipe: Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles


Get my Weekly Newsletter | Connect on Facebook | Find me on Twitter.

Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles Photo c2011 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.


View the original article here

0 意見 :

Post a Comment

 

Candy Recipes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design